How to launch Photoshop 64 bits from DPP with Transfer to Photoshop command (ALT-P)

How to launch Photoshop 64 bits from DPP with Transfer to Photoshop command (ALT-P)

Postby DPP++ » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:57 am

Some people who have installed photoshop 32bits and 64bits on the same machine are complaining because when using the 'Transfer to Photoshop command" of DPP it launches the 32 bits version of photoshop instead of the 64 bits.
If you want the 64 bits version to be launched, apply the following actions :

How to change Photoshop 32 bits by Photoshop 64 bits
  1. Open the windows registery by using the "regedit" program (open a shell window and type regedit).
  2. If the following branch doesn't exist in your registery, create it : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Photoshop\12.0]
  3. Inside the "12.0" branch, create a string value named "ApplicationPath" and give it as value the path of Photsoshop 64 bits (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit)\). You can do this by right clicking on "12.0" section and then choose New -> String Value
  4. Inside the "12.0" branch, create a string value named "PluginPath" and give it as value the path of Photsoshop 64 bits plugin folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit)\Plug-Ins\).
  5. Close regedit. That's all.
DPP++
Pushing DPP further
DPP++
Site Admin

Re: How to launch Photoshop 64 bits from DPP with Transfer to Photoshop command (ALT-P)

Postby Addie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:51 am

DPP will transfer to photoshop CS5 for me, but It always sends it to the 32 bit version. I have been unable to figure out how to get it to open in CS5 x64 (my NR plugins are 64bit and don't work in 32bit)
What I do is just open Photoshop x64 first (before attempting the transfer) - DPP transfers fine to the 64bit version if it's already running (for some reason).
Hope it works for you
Addie

Re: How to launch Photoshop 64 bits from DPP with Transfer to Photoshop command (ALT-P)

Postby jamesehs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 am

Addie wrote:DPP will transfer to photoshop CS5 for me, but It always sends it to the 32 bit version. I have been unable to figure out how to get it to open in CS5 x64 (my NR plugins are 64bit and don't work in 32bit)
What I do is just open Photoshop x64 first (before attempting the transfer) - DPP transfers fine to the 64bit version if it's already running (for some reason).
Hope it works for you

Thanks addie
jamesehs

Postby Kristenastewart » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 am

Hello everyone. I am facing a prob while trying to transfer raw image from DPP to Photoshop.......when I try to use the trasfer to photoshop feature it doesn't take any action and after 4-5 sec it shows "Failed to start Photoshop". I am using version 3.8.1.0 of DPP and PS CS5.......config of my laptop is as follows......

Intel Core2Duo 2 GHz
4GB RAM
Win7 64 bit

plz help me abt it..........
Kristenastewart

Return to DPP++ in English