The Magnifier Tool

The Magnifier Tool

Postby DPP++ » Sat May 21, 2011 9:51 am

The magnifier tool allows to see at a big size the current pixel under the mouse cursor and its 8 direct neighbors pixels. It also displays the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) and HSL (Hue, Saturation, Luminosity) values of this pixel, as it is displayed on the screen (not from the pic file). This may be useful when looking for a particular pixel to adjust custom white balance, or when checking over or under exposed pixels.

1. Use this button to enable or disable the magnifier tool.
  2. Move the mouse over the pic. This matrix follows automatically the mouse cursor movements over the pic. It displays at the center of the matrix the current pixel under mouse cursor and around its neighbors pixels. It displays also the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) and HSL (Hue, Saturation, Luminosity) values of the pixel at the center. These values are calculated directly from the pixel as it is displayed on the screen, not from the pic file.
Remark

• When the magnifier tool is enabled, the matrix appears automatically when the mouse cursor is over the pic and disappears automatically when it leaves the pic window.
  • In the free version, the RGB and HSL values are not displayed.
DPP++
Pushing DPP further
DPP++
Site Admin

Re: The Magnifier Tool

Postby MzytengaM » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:03 pm

hi there

this can be possbile in future to use Magnifier Tool for change colour in single pixel what we can view with that tool?
now i can view 9 singel pixels..but this tool is only for View pixels noting more ?am right ?
will be cool to have chance to use this tool and 9 cubes for changing colours in single pixels we can view with Magnifier tool..
why ? i have huge chromatic aberration on my two lenses..and with this tool i will be able to precizly view areas where aberration is and replace colours in aberration..DPP have allready tool for chromatic aberration but that tool dont work very impresive..
of course this can be eazly done in PS but this is not PS.
its just thought how i can use this tool with edit pixel option
MzytengaM

Re: The Magnifier Tool

Postby DPP++ » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:55 pm

This tool is for viewing pixels only not for editing them. Sorry.
DPP++
Pushing DPP further
DPP++
Site Admin

Return to Help